Wednesday, October 18, 2006

It's a gloomy Wednesday morning and today is my VERY FIRST DAY of blogging. I started reading a blog by http://theloneknitter, which had been recommended to me by manfeet. I followed her links and I found myself in the world of blogging. I must admit I feel a bit like Alice in Wonderland, I'm completely out of my element. I thought that perhaps I would share a simple knitting project I'm working on for our 2 week old grandson. I've made at least two for each of our first SEVEN grandchildren, which a few of them still drag around. My daughters love the fact that I had chosen a yarn that washes and dries like a dream. I love the pattern because it works up sooooooooo quickly. It's an easy pattern to follow, hope baby blanket knitters enjoy it. Box Blanket: With #11 Needles and double yarn, cast on 82 stitches. Knit 6 rows (saves having to crochet edging). Row 1 Knit 6 stitches then work pattern, k14, p14, k14, p14, k14(pattern ends), k6. Row 2 Knit 6 stitches, then work stitches as they appear, ending with k6. Repeat these 2 rows until 4 inches from the beginning, now reverse the stitches and work Row 1 k6, p14, k14, p14, k14, p14,k6. Row 2 k6, work stitches as they appear until 7 squares in length. Bind off in pattern. I used 4 balls of Plymouth Encore, Knitting Worsted Weight. For this blanket I'm using 2 balls of blue and 2 balls of white. At times I use 4 balls of the same color. I hope I hear from some knitters. I made an attempt to add an image of the blanket, but I think that I'm at the very bottom of the learning curve, bear with me. Now I'm off to bake cupcakes-----------------that's another whole story. Have a peaceful day.

No comments: