Friday, February 02, 2007

My yarn compulsion continues. Our youngest daughter was hospitalized last week and once again off I went with my knitting bag to sit in a hospital room. I sat for as long as my mind would let me, and as soon as my husband arrived I was off to find a yarn store-------I had picked up the wrong size needles as I left the house in a hurry. Fortunately, I happen to know someone who lives in the area and was able to tell me where to go. It was FREEZING!! Did that stop me??? No! We went to a shop called Stitch Therapy, which is just what I needed, therapy. I was so excited to be in a new and unknown shop that in my delight I almost forgot to buy the needles! I found some beautiful Malabrigo Yarn in Verdes. I have it in my head to knit an afghan in the beautiful shades of green that is the patchwork quilt of Ireland, I plann to mix it with squares of my much loved Aran yarn (yes I dragged it all the way from Dublin) done in traditional Irish stitches, including the celtic knot and my father's surname pattern. This will be for my sister Georgene, I know she would just love it and I want to do something in her memory. My compulsion continued this Wednesday, I ran to the local yarn shop to pick up some yarn for the lone knitter's blanket drive, I needed colors that would appeal to older children. I think they are vile, but then I'm not a child. Yesterday, I went into Manhattan andd wound up a Gotta Knit on 12th Street and 6th Avenue and the devil made me buy MORE yarn. I need help, this is taking on a whole life of its own. I've taken some pictures, with luck I'll be able to post them. Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments: